• REGION: North Pacific
• LOCATION: Guanacaste area (Papagayo, Tamarindo & Flamingo)
• LEVEL: Medium
• MINIMUM AGE: 12 years
• APPROX PICK UP TIME: 7:00 am
• DURATION: Half Day Activity
• WHAT TO BRING: Light clothing, sun lotion, hat, walking shoes & camera.
• WHAT’S INCLUDED: Transportation, tour guide & equipment
Diamante’s animal sanctuary has a wide variety of animals. Guests can interact with animals with up-close viewing. Some of the animals have been born in other wildlife management programs for scientific and educational purposes; others are rescued and placed in their management by the authorities of Costa Rica. These animals are not fit for life in the natural environment and are cared for by a large team of qualified and dedicated professionals. The bilingual team is known for excellent customer service and focus on education and raising awareness among visitors and locals about the importance of respect and the protection of wildlife. Diamante works directly with a body of professionals in biology and veterinary medicine and with technical and legal supervision by officials of the SINAC, which is the government entity in charge of the country’s wildlife.